Heavy Vehicle Technician / Licensed Vehicle Tester
Full Time, Secure Safe Employment, Become part of our growing Team
We offer a lot of benefits but are not limited to:
- Great work life balance
- Monday – Thursday
- Every Friday off so every weekend is a long weekend
- Clean & safe workshop
- Supporting you to further your skills with training and mentoring every week
- Uniforms (shirts, jumpers &pants/shorts) supplied
- Meaningful work – help keep customers’ vehicles & their families safe
- Minimum 1 week off over Christmas/New Years
We run a Purpose and Values driven business and are looking for the right high performing team member, who is aligned with our cultural vision.
As part of our team, you will have a unique opportunity to learn more about the auto repair business, to increase your own leadership skills, to contribute to the wellbeing of others and to work in an inspirational team culture.
The successful applicant will:
- Currently be a heavy vehicle tester & have or willing to obtain a bus testers license
- Be Vehicle safety focused & able to demonstrate this
- Be aligned with the business Purpose & Culture
- Thrive working autonomously
- Be driven by results and focused on outcomes
- Be Accountable for the responsibilities of their roles
- Be willing to continue to learn and develop their skills
- Have a minimum of 4 years post trade experience
- Have a high attention to detail & high accuracy level
- Have excellent phone & communication skills
- Have good computer skills.
- The core Responsibilities & Outcomes for this role include:
- High quality servicing and repairs on all makes and models of cars, 4WD’s, and commercial vehicles including buses
- Work independently and autonomously
- Willingness to maintain and improve skills
- High quality customer service by phone and in person
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of inspections
- Supervision and training of apprentices
- Assist supervising workshop in absence of owners
- Contribute to the ‘Continuous Improvement’ philosophy of the business
- Other activities that serve the team and business as required.
Our business rewards team members based on the value they provide. Therefore, we will discuss potential remuneration packages during our initial phone interview. This way we ensure a fair value exchange is achieved based on what you could bring and the outcomes & expectations of the role.
If you think this role is for you, then please send your resume & cover letter and let us know why.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
A tour of the workshop can be organised before application if desired.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.